Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cameo Spotlight Challenge: Summer

I've been using my Silhouette Cameo (which was a totally unexpected Christmas gift from my husband) to make lots of cards for friends and family, and we even used it to cut out shapes and letters for a sign when we participated in a BBQ Cook-off. After 8 months I am still in love with my Cameo!  When I saw the Cameo Spotlight Challenge I knew I had to participate.  I've never participated in any challenges before.  I read a variety of blogs and like to see the results of various challenges, but this is the first time that I am jumping it.  In fact, it spurred me to start this blog, just I so would have a place to post!  



I found the oval frame, the flowers and the butterfly at the Silhouette Online Store.  I combined those with the sheet music and words from an unattributed poem I found on a home schooling website. I hope you enjoy my entry...I know I'll enjoy looking at yours! 

7 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

This is beautiful. Everything works so well together. Thanks for playing in our first challenge.

Sue from Oregon said...

This is very cool!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hi Doreen! Wow I'm so glad you decided to join us in our very first challenge over at The Cameo Spotlight! I've had my machine since Christmas as well and I'm also still in LOVE! I adore the vintage look of your card. The strips of text are awesome!!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

What?!! Look at you go!! I'm so excited that you were inspired to start blogging your projects, and I can totally see why! This one is especially fun and creative and very nicely executed!! I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work! Thanks so much for playing with us a The Cameo Spotlight Challenge - we're so glad you did!!

Francesca said...

I love this vintage summer card! I have only had my Cameo for about a month and I am loving it! I am also a new blogger, mine will be three months old on Saturday!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love the vintage look! Thanks for playing in the Cameo Spotlight Summer Challenge!

Shirley Young said...

What a lovely husband you must have to buy you such a wonderful surprise gift. Your card is beautiful, a great combination of different elements. I'd be really lost without my Cameo !!