Monday, August 27, 2012

Golden 50th

For The Cameo Spotlight's Numbers Challenge I wanted to take a "number" occasion, such as a milestone birthday or anniversary and do something fun with it. I settled pretty quickly on a 50th anniversary card and after a quick pencil sketch of a couple of ideas settled on turning the numbers "5" and "0" into a bride and groom.

I found the moustache, top hat and lip files at the Silhouette Online store and typed the numbers using a font called Uighur. For the eyelashes, I took a studio file of a moon (also from the Silhouette Online store) with eyelashes and cut the eyelashes from the image. This gave me a great opportunity to learn more about editing paths in Studio. I'm already familiar with paths from Photoshop, but doing it in the Silhouette software is just a little different.

I had fun creating the veil from some toule and a sprig of beads I had in my miscellaneous box. I also had this interesting piece of lacy fiber...not quite fabric but not paper...with a nice formal floral pattern on it. I used that, layered with some gold-toned cardstock for contrast, as the background for the numbers and then framed the numbers with more gold (I cut the frame on the Cameo!)and layered everything on black for a formal feel.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous anniversary card! I love how you turned the numbers into the bride and groom! Thanks for playing in The Cameo Spotlight Numbers challenge!

Jackie Rockwell said...

The brides veil and the top hat are so clever! Very sweet card Doreen. So glad you played along with us at The Cameo Spotlight!!!

We have snazzy new TCS blinkies for our player's blogs now, if you want to go check them out. They're all on the "Winner's/Player's Badges"Blinkies" page.

Nina Yang said...

Love how you dressed these numbers up for a milestone theme, Doreen! I had to say my favorite part is the veil and eyelashes! so cute! Thank you for joining us in the Cameo Spotlight Challenge! Happy crafting!

Sabrina said...

Super cute card! I love the eyelashes and the mustache - those were great touches. Thanks for playing with us at The Cameo Spotlight!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Well aren' you just a little smarty pants!! I love the idea of turning the numbers into the bride and groom - out of this world adorable!! Thanks so much for playing with us a The Cameo Spotlight - we're so glad you did!!