Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dynamic Duos Challenge #18

This August I played along with my first challenge ever, The Cameo Spotlight, and I had so much fun with that I went looking for other challenges.  I found the Dynamic Duos Challenge and decided to join in on the fun there, also.
Challenge #18 is to use Poppy Parade (red) and Lucky Lime aid (green).  Well, with back to school happening all over the country that made me think of apples.  Beautiful red and green apples. My two favorite apple varieties are red...Honey Crisp and Jazz. But I do like to use Granny Smiths to make apple pie so I have a place for both reds and greens in my life.  

I used my the "Print and Cut" feature on my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the red and green apples.  I downloaded the apple file from the Cameo Online Store. To get the apples on the card in even rows I used a technique using dry wall mesh that I learned in this YouTube video.  I used the same technique to position the phrase "You're One of a Kind", which I also cut on the Silhouette Cameo.
Mmmmmm....I think I hear an apple calling to me from my fridge!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

This is really cute Doreen, those apples are darling and of course, the sentiment is perfect! Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so cute and clever! Very nicely done.

Karen Aicken said...

Mmmmmmm - apples. Such a fun card - I really like that they are all red except the one green one - totally fun. Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos
Cheers, Karen

Anonymous said...

Very cute. ;-) I love how the one green apple goes right along with the sentiment. Glad you could join Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)