Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dynamic Duos #21

Although Kermit the Frog may have thought that it is not easy being green, I found it quite easy to be green with this week's Dynamic Duos challenge.  The biggest challenge for me was sorting through my Stampin' up cardstock and trying to figure which green sheets were Always Artichoke and Certainly Celery.  After a complete reorganization of my cardstock I was able to get under way.  
I was thrilled to find I had a Designer Series Paper Pattern Pack with Certainly Celery (although I later figured out that the color was actually Pear Pizazz...oh well!) and combined that with the Always Artichoke cardstock.  I hope my card captured a cool greenhouse feeling. 

One side of the designer paper has sweet little pin dots and the other side has a nice brocade pattern, which I used under the sentiment. I thought the flowers with the green buttons would help complete the garden feel.
And I wanted to stitch around the outside of the patterned paper, but I had already secured the paper to the card, sooooo.....I drew the stitches on the paper with a white gel pen!
I like how the card turned out and it won't last long in my card box before I sent out to a friend!

4 comments:

paige said...

Doreen, you not only have a beautiful card, you now have your papers organized! Way to go! Thank you for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos!

Melissa said...

This is so pretty! And to think that sometimes we have to reorganize to find what we need...I'm in dire need of doing just that right now! Aargh! Love this clean design! Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

Kim S said...

I hate being forced into cleaning - but I LOVE the results!! You have created such a soft and gentle card - it is perfect for a friend! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

Michelle said...

Sweet, sweet card! Love the faux stitching! Thanks for sharing this with us at Dynamic Duos!