Sunday, September 30, 2012

Southwest Garden

When I thought of triangles for this week's Cameo Spotlight theme, I got an image of a southwest motif in my head.  Maybe because I live in the southwest? Anyway, I opened my Silhouette Studio Designer software and got to work creating a cutting file that would capture my image of southwest triangles.

I haven't created too many of my own files yet because the Silhouette Online store has so many great files to download. I have been pleasantly surprised how good the Silhouette Studio Designer software is.  It manages to be both easy to use and powerful at the same time. I was able to create the frame for this card very quickly using the replicating and alignment tools. I downloaded the vase, flower and stems from the Silhouette store.

I think my favorite part of this card is the rik-rak trim on the vase. I was scrounging through my embellishment box and spottted this rik-rak which is the perfect shade of turquoise and helps repeat the turquoise triangles from the frame.

I didn't even realize realize that I had a "Gracias" Stamp.  I was on a sheet of clear "thank-you" stamps...I don't know which brand...and I found it while searching for the right stamp to use on the card.  So "Gracias" to the Cameo Spotlight design team for a great theme!

5 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

Very pretty card Doreen! The border is wonderful!!! So glad you played in the Triangle Challenge at The Cameo Spotlight!

Chrissy Larson said...

Gorgeous card and what a great idea to use the triangles as a frame design. It's very southwest and really calming.

Nina Yang said...

Love the triangle frame and the rik-rak trim on the vase! Thank you for joining us in the triangle challenge!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

You are so stinkin' clever!! I love how you pulled the whole southwest theme together, right down to the color palette! Genius! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Cameo Spotlight Challenge - we're so glad you did!

JJ Bolton said...

I love how all the details come together for a perfect southwestern card! Your triangle frame is too cool! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Cameo Spotlight!