Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Another Holiday Card


The current challenge on the "Cut it Up" Challenge is "Out With the Old" and you need to create a project with an item from your house that you wouldn't normally use for papercrafting. I saw the challenge earlier in the week and was going to let the deadline slide by without a project, but I had a little time this afternoon so I took a stroll around the house opening drawers and cabinets to find items I could use. 

I spotted my round cotton pads and immediately saw a full moon. I cut the trees on my Cameo with a file from the Silhouette Online store. I did something I never do...I hand lettered the "Peace on Earth Banner". In all I completed the project in less than an half an hour and am pleased with the results. It was fun to think outside the box!

3 comments:

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a great card! I love the cotton pad for the moon! thanks so much for joining us at Cut It Up!

Stacey

Kimberly J. said...

Oh my gosh, how fun is that?!? Great way to reuse something!! :) Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up!! :)

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had the time to join us at Cut it Up challenges! Love the trees, and what a creative use for the cotton! Plus, you have a head start on next year's cards!!
Evelyn