Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall Colors

Today I'm playing along with The Cameo Spotlight and using the challenge colors which are rich red, deep orange and harvest gold.  Three colors that together scream "Autumn"! And Autumn to me says pumpkins so I created this simple card to showcase a pumpkin that I downloaded from the Microsoft Office Clipart Website.  Did you know that you can access thousands of free images there?  I've been using it for years and rarely have I not been able to find what I want.  

Today I was looking for a realistic image of a pumpkin and found one right off the bat. I used the trace feature in the Silhouette Designer software to create a print and cut file. That's one of my favorite features of the Cameo.  Here's an easy tip for you.  If you find you have a little white border here and there after you cut your image just use some markers to touch it up.  I did that on my pumpkin and it worked great. 

I also downloaded the frame from the Silhouette Online store and added an oval off white background to make the pumpkin stand out. For the image of the leaves on the red cardstock I used a technique I learned several years ago but I had forgotten as new and shiny techniques caught my attention. I simply used a leaf rubber stamp and Versamark to stamp clear images all over the cardstock which gives the cardstock a two tone look. Simple technique, but always great results! To give the card a little dimension I used to Stampin' up dimensionals to pop both the pumpkin and the frame off the background a little.  

I loved my card when it was finished and couldn't wait to post it to The Cameo Spotlight Challenge, but as I was photographing it I realized it has an "illegal" color...the green on the pumpkin leaves!  I probably never colored inside the lines in kindergarten either!  I'm posting it to The Cameo Spotlight anyway because I just like to be part of the fun. 

5 comments:

Chrissy Larson said...

Such a great card! I love the pumpkin!

JJ Bolton said...

So cute! That print and cut worked perfectly!!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Cameo Spotlight!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Thanks for the image resource tip! The pumpkin worked great with the fall color theme! Pretty card. So glad you played along with us at The Cameo Spotlight!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love the pumpkin! Thanks for playing in the Cameo Spotlight Challenge!

Lisa Arana said...

brilliant idea to use microsoft clipart! looks fab. thank you for playing this week with The Cameo Spotlight!