Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Weekend Project

I've been wanting to learn how to make pop-up cards and had plenty of time this weekend so I checked out some videos on pop-up cards, then got to work. It took me the whole day yesterday! Well, I did do a few other things like clean the grout on my tile countertops and make lunch and dinner. But all my free time went to this card.

I got the inspiration for the mechanics from this video which shows how to make pop up cards using that company's pre-printed images. I also got the inspiration for my pop-up layout from the card on that video. I'm not sure of the company name, but the person on the video is Robyn Cockburn.
Once I made my sketch, I drew out the arch in the Silhouette Designer software and then downloaded the other elements and cut everything out on the Silhouette Cameo.  Last night, after dinner, I got settled with my tools and assembled the card. The whole process is quite easy once you know what you are going to do.The one thing I did learn is to make sure, before you glue everything, that the elements don't stick out of your card when folded. I had to do some last minute trimming to do  last night!

Happily, the theme for both The Cameo Spotlight Challenge and the Cut It Up challenge is Halloween so I'm  going to submit this card to both.  Pop on over to both challenges and see all the great projects!


8 comments:

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

What a great pop-up card and your first at that! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up!

Karen said...

This card is adorable! This inside looks great! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a fabulous pop up card! It is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up!

Stacey

Kimberly J. said...

Love your pop up card!! I need to try this out! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

Kimberly
Cut It Up Co-Founder

Missy said...

So cute, I really like all the dimension!!

Janis Lewis said...

Very cool project! Thanks for playing at Cut It Up. :) Janis

Jackie Rockwell said...

This is such an awesome pop up card! Really Cute!!! So glad you played along with us over at The Cameo Spotlight! :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

How fun is this?! I love that you were inspired by other places and ultimately made it your own - brilliant! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Cameo Spotlight Challenge - we're so glad you did!