Sunday, October 28, 2012

Yin and Yang

I
I love this week's sketch at CAS(E) this sketch. It's simple, but very unique. I started my card by making list of things that are round and then searching through the Silhouette Online Store. By matching ideas in my list with files I like I came up with the Yin and Yang idea and the sentiment just popped into my head. Or I read it somewhere else and it was already implanted in my brain. My apologies if I stole the wording from anyone!
Seems like I always have some unforeseen issue when I'm laying out a card. On this one, I had chosen the red, white and black color theme, but discovered after I cut everything out that the white Yin (or is it Yang?) didn't show up against the white background of the card. So I added a lightly colored background behind the symbol to help pop it off the background. It's always something!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a fantastic idea and the bold colours are perfect!
Thanks so much for sharing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

N@ Ali said...

thank you for joining us at CTS, i agree the bold colours are perfect and so is the sentiment ; )

Jackie Rockwell said...

Wonderful take on this sketch!!! So glad you played along with us Doreen!