Saturday, October 20, 2012

New Challenge Today!

There's new challenge out there for all you who love sketch challenges. This one is a clean and simple challenge that follows a new sketch each week. Click on the image below to learn more:
I missed out on playing along with the first challenge but got right to work on the second. Here's the sketch:
And here's my card!
It's nice to work with a sketch because that's one less decision I have to make. Plus it is fun to see how creative people are using the same sketch. For this sketch I used a very simple flower that has thin, simple lines. On its own it doesn't have much substance so I watercolored it to give it a light, happy feeling then added the simple birthday wish. The ribbon wasn't in my original plan...have you ever spent time make something just the way you want it and then when you are adding the final touch (the sentiment, in this case) you manage to get a little ink on your paper? I walked away from it for a while and when I came back I spotted the ribbon in my embellishment box and put it in just the right spot. All fixed!  

If you love sketches, head on over to the Cas(e) This Sketch blog and join in the fun!

5 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

Very pretty flower and the addition of the ribbon looks wonderful! So glad you played along in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet flower!
Thanks so much for joining us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is such a pretty card, love your flower.

Lisa Arana said...

so lovely... thanks for playing with CAS(E) this Sketch!

N@ Ali said...

the ink was a happy accident, the ribbon is the perfect touch! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )